Friday, September 12, 2008

FINALLY-THE BATHROOMS

Finally, I remembered to take the "After" pictures of the bathrooms, so here you go!

Bathroom #1 - Master

Before:
































After:


































The pictures don't really do it the justice that it deserves. The coolest part of this bathroom is the newly tiled shower. Tyson tore the existing shower out to the 2 X 4's. The plumbing was just crap, so Tys and his buddy poored a new cement floor, put new plumbing in, and then tiled the entire shower, up to the ceiling. We painted the walls and ceiling, put a new toilet in, and new tile on the floor, replacing the yucky linoleum from the 70's. We tore out the old crusty lighting and vanity and put in new lights and a new vanity. We installed new hardware, a brushed nickel faucet, towel rack, hand towel holder, and TP holder. I found these adorable towels and rugs at Target for a steal. I really wanted to do something with dark chocolate brown, and Tys loves, loves, loves the color green, so these worked perfectly!

Bathroom #2 - Main
Before:














After:





























So, the main bathroom was equally disgusting. We ripped out the lighting, vanity, mirror, flooring, and tile on the walls of the shower/bathtub. We replaced the vanity and a new counter top, put in new lights, tiled the floor, painted the walls and ceiling, and tiled the walls up to the ceiling in the shower/bathtub. We also put new hardware in, brushed nickel faucet, towel rack, hand towel holder, and TP holder. We are so excited to have a second bathroom, we have family/friends come to stay with us about twice a month. In Sugarhouse, we had one bathroom, and it was a little difficult at times, we are so, so, so excited to have our guests have a bathroom all to themselves!
We are still waiting on a few more lights, so more pictures to come. This house has come a long way in just a few short, but very long weeks. We feel so blessed to be able to buy this house and make it our home. Our neighborhood is the best, the neighbors are all so nice and welcoming. They read our records into our new ward on Sunday, and everyone has been so kind and friendly. We have never had such a warm welcome, we are so blessed!

16 comments:

Ben and Marcie said...

Wow! You guys have done a great job! The bathrooms look amazing!! I'm excited for you that you were able to get into a house, and it looks like its becoming more and more like a home. It probably feels so rewarding when you see the finished product!

Kandice said...

So So cute! you have been busy, great work. I wish I could come see it in person, maybe someday!

Harvey Family said...

Wow, you have done so much work and it looks beautiful! I'm so impressed and so happy for you!

Liesl Law said...

How fun for you guys. I can't wait to get a home to do that stuff to. And I hear you on that one bathroom bit. We don't have family even close to that often but for a family of 5...it is tight and tricky having only one!

Shalisa Hazleton said...

I really don't think it was too aweful before, but what you did made it really nice. I really like it. Someday I will have to come see it in person.

Ivy Lou said...

I absolutely love those brown and aqua towels. I almost bought those exact towels 2 weeks ago! Funny! I guess we have good taste! Haa, haa! I bet that was really hard work to get all that work finished but I bet you are sooo glad to have it completed. Whew!

Ivy Lou said...

Brown and green towels...I think I typed brown and aqua...oops!

smilingcarriester said...

Your remodel project looks like it is coming along great! I'll have to show my parents the pictures as you post more! :) I think it all looks amazing! Congrats and good luck with your project!
:) Carrie and the Foley's

Shelby said...

Wow.. talk about some work. I dread renovating but your pictures are inspiring.

MnM McQuivey's said...

How fun! Your bathrooms look great. I can't wait to see what you did with the kitchen and the rest of your house.

Brian, Nikki, and Nevie said...

Wow, it looks AWESOME!! You guys have done so much work! We will have to get some tips from you guys when we are ready to start doing some changes to our place. (To save money, we are planning to do a lot of upgrades to our new house ourselves when we get rich.LOL)

Kelli said...

you have beautiful taste! great job

AuntEmmy said...

You guys did great!! They look wonderful!
Emily

Amanda said...

It's so beautiful, even more so in person!

Hey buddy, how are you? i need to send you an eamil soon! miss ya!

Kari said...

You took all of your skills from the vernal fixer-upper to this one! Good thing Tyson worked at a tile store! Nice job on EVERYTHING!

rosann said...

Oh Holy Cow!! What beautiful bathrooms!! One day my one bathroom might actually be completely finished... maybe!