Thursday, April 2, 2009

Our New Ride

Well, my worries about all the "baby" stuff fitting, is no longer a worry... We have wanting to get rid of our Subaru for quite a long time now, and Saturday, we decided to go test drive a newer 4 Runner. We both love these cars, but Tyson didn't know if he fit in the newer body style or not. Sure enough, he does! Only, we couldn't get one with a sunroof, that takes 2 inches of headroom out, and leave my hubby's head rubbing the ceiling. So we bought this beauty at a smokin hot price, our poor salesman earned his commission on this one. We are super excited, its just the right height to get carseats in and out... Can't wait!

I also wanted to thank you all for your comments on both the bassinet and carseat/stroller combo questions I had. I really appreciate all of your insight so much! My sister in law gave us a pack in play that has a bassinet insert, and we are going to use that in our bedroom for the first little while. Plus, we do travel quite a bit, and it will be nice to have a pack n' play.

Concerning the carseat/stroller combo. It seems like most of you liked yours. I'm not super stressed about a stroller, but I do want a nice carseat. I figure if it clicks into a stroller, bonus! I've thought about a jogger, but I have crappy old person knees, and running cripples me. I love to speed walk, so I think we'll just kind of wait and see. My neighbor suggested the Graco Safe Seat. It holds a baby up to 30 pounds, and it clicks into most Graco strollers. She found hers at Burlington Coat Factory for a great deal. I've never even been inside that store, but it can't hurt to go try it right?

Also, our boss is taking our company on a cruise in January to the Bahamas as in incentive. I really want a light little stroller for the cruise boat, but babies have to be atleast 6 months old to get on the boat, so if little Ethan isn't born by July 5th, we aren't going anyway I guess :) So for now, we are just playing the stroller thing and traveling to the Bahamas thing by ear...

But thanks again for all of your comments, keep them coming! Hope you all have a great Conference Weekend, I've been looking forward to this for a long time now! Love, Dani

8 comments:

Harvey Family said...

Definitely go to Burlington... they have some great things and really great prices!

Shalisa Hazleton said...

nice ride!! Come on, how come I am the only one getting a van? Is no one at that stage yet? ha ha.

The McClellan Clan said...

hey girly!! I'll give you my graco safe seat! Its black with red binding. And then a grey handle and all. Its almost 3 years old but only used on Emmy. They are great car seats. I will say they are heavier than the regular carseats so if your baby gets to heavy it will be heavy, but still packable. But I thought I'd be having a baby a long time ago and I'm tired of packing it around. Let me know if your interested. And if so you can just pick it up when you come out here. It will need to be washed. I washed it when I was thinking of selling it but then we moved here and I forgot all about it. I've got a picture of it if you want to see it email me, jocelynmcclellan@yahoo.com
and I'll email you back with the pic.

Kassi Luck said...

Love the new ride!! It is way pretty. When I found my carseat and stroller I went online. I ended up getting them at albeebaby.com they were both on sale and free shipping. just an idea in case you don't find anything instore!! good luck!!

Brian, Nikki, and Nevie said...

I love the new vehicle! I have always wanted a 4 Runner! It will be sooo nice for the little one. And plenty of room for more little ones in the future. (;

Ben and Marcie said...

I love your new car! It is so cute!

Shelby said...

OH I am so jealous! I am wanting an SUV so bad, and I love 4 runners! I can't quite justify buying one yet.. but I am working on a good excuse. You look adorable! I can't believe how far along you are! time flies.

Karen said...

I have a Graco car seat and loved it, they are on consumer reports for being the safest. Also I have a Graco stroller...the Metrolite and its WAY lighter than the bulky other strollers...especially lifting it into the trunk and out so much! Good luck!