I seriously do not know what is going on... Tyson, Ethan, and myself seem to be sick, then well for a few days, and then sick again... The last one, before the current sickness, was quite the doozy! After almost of 2 weeks of being sick myself, about a week and a day for Tyson, and day 3 of Ethan, we all went to our doctors. Lo and behold, Tyson and I had severe sinus infections, and were put on prescriptions immediately. At Ethan's doctor's appointment, his doc thought he heard something kind of serious in his lungs and ordered a chest x ray.
Have any of your babies ever had to have this done? The rad-tech (very sweet girl) strapped our little bug into this plastic contraption that kept his arms up above his head, and he screamed his little heart out, sadly yes, I cried too at the sight... poor little baby! He had pneumonia! I was in shock to be honest, but after one dose of the prescription, Ethan was doing better, and only improved from that time on. He is doing much, much better, and other than some teeth popping out, and the runny nose and irritability that comes with that, he is doing great, he is such a trooper, still smiling and cute as can be through all of it!
Tyson and I are battling a cold/return of sinus infection, not sure at this point, but its definitely getting annoying, I think we are going on about 5 or so months of having the crud. Our doctors said that germs happen, and we have a very young immune system in our home, and to basically just deal with it. We are so good about washing our hands, I hardly ever take Ethan to the grocery store, and he didn't go to church during all of winter because our neighbor (who works for LifeFlight) freaked us out about swine flu... so we are trying rest and get better. Now that the weather has taken a turn for the better, we are so looking forward to enjoying all the fun stuff we have planned for this summer (if we can get well, that is).
We went and had some family pictures taken, and since tomorrow is Mother's Day, and both our moms are getting framed pictures, I think its safe to post a few of our favorites, I can't believe how big our little bug is getting, he has the cutest/happiest/busiest personality ever, and we just adore our little guy!
Hope you all have a great Mother's Day! I feel so grateful to have a sweet little boy, to be his mother, and enjoy this journey with him!.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)

Saturday, May 8, 2010
Yep, Sick Again
Posted by Danielle Hacking at 7:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Cute pictures! I can't decide who Ethan looks like one minute I look at him and he's totally you then there is something about him that is totally dad! I get the whole sick thing our was from about November through March i was ready to lose my mind! You'll get through it!
Your family pics are great--you all look really happy (and coordinated :) What news from the guy who came last week?
LOVE the pics! I want one! When are you coming out tomorrow? Call me! Love you!
The pictures really look great. I am sorry you have all been so sick. That is how it seems to go for us as well, the kids get sick then they are so kind to give it to me and Kirk. :) good times. So did he have to be on oxygen while he had pneumonia? And yes, Evie has had the chest xray. Saddest thing isnt it!!! Evie has gotten pneumonia twice in the last 2 years. We are not out of the woods yet, but knock on wood, we are hoping she doesn't get it this year.
Post a Comment