Tyson and I had our wedding pictures done by Digipix of Vernal. The photographer used a camera that flashes bursts of pictures at one time. I'm guessing he does this so that maybe one of the 10 shots of the same thing might be decent. I definitely think we got quantity, not so much quality. Four years ago, it took us about three or four hours just to view the disc of 1,254 wedding pictures, and then pick a package from there. We chose a few, well, six shots, and then had a disc made with the remaining pictures to view as an electronic wedding album. They charged $40.00 for one 4 x 6 print... yikes.Tyson and I moved to Salt Lake in July of 06' to our little house in Sugarhouse. One day while we were in sacrament, I told Tyson I wanted to go home for some weird reason. We never leave early, so it was very out of the ordinary to leave after the sacrament was passed. When we got home, I thought I might go down stairs to the dungeon, well, its the laundry room really. Much to our dismay, there were six inches of standing sewage water in the basement...
This was a rough day for us, we had only lived in that house about a month, so tons of our stuff was still in boxes in the basement storage. We threw out several boxes that were soaked, and we're guessing, since we can't find it, the wedding disc went out with the boxes damaged in the flood!!! We call it the flood of 06'.
The flood of 06' happened two years ago, and just this last weekend, we finally got another wedding disc from Digipix. Digipix has gone out of business and isn't printing or doing anything anymore. They sold us a new disc that has full rights to the pictures, so we can go to any film developing place to have our wedding pictures printed out. They were very difficult to deal with from the very beginning, again, quantity, not quality. I'm SO SO SO excited to have all of our pictures now, only 4 years after the fact, better late than never though! I've put a couple of my favorites on here for your viewing pleasure:



8 comments:
Those pictures are so pretty! I am so excited to see your house pics.
Wow! Having your carpet put in will be so nice- you guys will finally be able to move in! Yea! Love you!
Oh those wedding pictures are gorgeous. See having a dishonest photographer who ripped you off, ended up turning out okay in the end. Now you have all the pictures. Was that mean to say?
Such beautiful pictures - and I'm so happy for you and sooooooooo very sad for me - I always looked forward to seeing you and Tyson when Salsa and I were out! Let me know if I can help you with your move!
You really looked gorgeous that day. Good memories. I just hope I didn't let you down that day. Anyway, so exciting on your house. Can't wait to see!
Dani, your wedding pictures are gorgeous!! I have heard a lot of people had trouble with Digipix, but they look really good!
I'm so excited to see your house pictures!
We need to get together soon for lunch! Email and let me know when you could do it!
I LOVE your wedding pictures!! You two are a handsom couple!!
:)
Email me directions to your place... can't wait to see you tomorrow!! and the time you'd like us to come over!! :)
Post a Comment