We officially closed on our house last Wednesday! Since the 24th was a State holiday, the loan funded on Friday, the 25th. We went there straight after work and started working. So much of the work that needs done, unfortunately, Tyson has to do. I'm just not tall or strong enough to get some of the tasks done. We started by scraping the popcorn ceilings down, which fell onto the gross carpet. My mom came out and helped all weekend , and her and I rolled up the carpet and padding, and took it to the trash container. That took most of Friday evening. Saturday, bright and early, we went back, and Tyson chipped out the tile flooring in the kitchen, the back splash in the kitchen, and the tile shower in the master bath. My mom and I continued to clean and do odds and ends. My sis, Natalie, also came, and she ripped out all of the baseboards and existing tack strip. Wow, we got a lot done that day! My mom then took us out to the Olive Garden and then a little shopping that evening.
This, I feel really bad about, but my cousin Stewart came down from Ogden Sunday morning and textured the ceiling. He runs his dad's construction company and could only help us that day, and we just don't have time for Tyson to do it all, sorry cuz, but thanks for helping us, it looks awesome!
Monday, was the day for prep work, and sucking up all the dust left from the ceiling mess. I have been introduced to a lovely "tool" of my husband's, the SHOP VAC! You can clean just about any mess up with this little dandy of a machine, and I LOVE IT! It makes all the dirt, dust, and crap go away! Yay for the shop vac! Its so fun to run it along the walls and watch it suck stuff up, I've actually really enjoyed cleaning up this house, the shop vac has made it more than bearable.
We've primered the ceilings, painted them with real paint, and a shout out to Benjamin Moore paint, it seriously rocks! Tyson has torn out doors, casings, bathroom mirrors, showers, toilets, vanities, old appliances, and we are finally ready to start painting the walls with color and getting the flooring in. The entire house already feels, smells, and looks, like a completely different home. I've taken pictures, but I'll wait and post the before and afters together to get the real affect.



8 comments:
I can not wait to see it!!! you guys have worked so hard! Yippy for a cute little place to call 'home'!
:)
Oh, I'm so excited for you. Isn't that just so much fun. It probably feels like you're starting from scratch, but at least you get to make sure it is the way you want it. I totally love my shop vac. Michael says it is mine, maybe because he feels like even though it is a shop vac, it is still a vacuum. And maybe that does not feel manly to him. Just kidding. Congratulations!
Way to go Danielle! My favorite tool is the shop vac as well. I am always finding excuses to use it. It sounds like you guys have worked and got a TON done way fast. I can't wait to see the before and afters!
Congrats! I can't wait to be able to get a home! I am happy for. Aren't you so happy for "handy husbands"? I love that Jeremy can do most anything! Good luck, can't wait to see the photo's
oh man you've been working hard. I feel for ya! But the payoff comes later when you get to see the fruits of your labors, it is fabulous. Let us know when your ready for visitors in your new place, we'll be right there! :)
Yeah! It's amazing everything you guys got done! When can you start on my house? j/k! Love you!
Sounds like a huge but worthwhile project. I am happy for you. Glad you like the shop vac.
Sounds like you have done a lot in a short time! You are so lucky to have family so close to help you guys. Can't wait to see the pictures of the final project!
Post a Comment