Wednesday, July 23, 2008

LIFE COACH ENRICHMENT

Last night was my ward's Enrichment night. They had a Life Coach come and talk to us about replenishing our own well so that we can help fill others. It was really interesting to hear her ideas and suggestions. She handed out a little worksheet, and I thought it would be fun to post, like a tag...

"Sisters, find some time for yourself to cultivate your gifts and interests. Pick one or two things that you would like to learn or do that will enrich your life, and make time for them. Water cannot be drawn from an empty well, and if you are not setting aside a little time for what replenishes you, you will have less and less to give to others. " Elder M. Russell Ballard

List 10 Things you Like to Do:

1. Exercise
2. Play the Piano
3. Go Shopping
4. Golfing
5. Being outside in the snow, sun, rain
6. Scrap booking
7. Traveling
8. Going on drives with Tyson
9. Going to dinner/date with Tyson
10. Learn to do something new

List 10 Things You Feel Good After Doing:

1. Power Cleaning
2. Step Aerobics
3. Weeding/Gardening
4. Going to the Temple
5. Working on and Finishing a Project
6. Chinese Lessons
7. Writing Letters
8. Writing in my Journal
9. Scrap booking/Creating Something
10. Watching the Rain and Lightning, Listening to Thunder

"In all of living have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed not just endured."
President Gordon B. Hinckley

"Find a purpose in your life. choose the things you would like to do, and educate yourselves to be effective in their pursuit."
President Gordon B. Hinckley

Questions for Personal Reflection:

1: If you had three months to live, what do you wish you had done or experienced?
2: If you had a year to pursue anything you wanted to, what would it be?
3: If you were transported to your 85th year and were asked to review your life, what would you say?
4: If money were no object, what would I be/do/have in my life that would make me happy?
5: If I could be with people I chose, what would my relationships look like?
6: If the functional part of my life was taken care of, what interests would I pursue?
7: If someone else saw me living my ideal life, what would they describe?
8: If I took classes in areas of interest or need to improve, what would the class topics be?

The Life Coach talked about picking one thing at a time and spending 15-30 minutes three times a week pursuing it. She also suggested finding a friend that would keep you motivated, that you check in with to talk about your pursuit. She also said to reward yourself when you accomplish or are able to do something on your list. It was a great evening to learn about filling our own wells so that we can help replenish others. It is so important to take time, even just 15 minutes a few days a week, for yourself so that you can be happy and enjoy all that this beautiful life has to offer.

3 comments:

Nikki, Chris, Rooks, & Reese Wilding said...

All I have to do is call up my amazing older sis and chat for a while- and my well is filled! You're like MY life coach! :)You're the best! Love ya!

The Merkleys said...

WOW.... I don't know if you will remember me! Ashlie used to be Goodrich. I found you blog while looking at other peoples from the big Vernal. You look great! We are in Oklahoma for some crazy long story of a reason. Check out my blog and keep im touch!

The Hartle's said...

I forgot to tell you Happy Birthday! And also, we need to see some pics of the new place!