Well, I think summer time is just a busy time of year... or my life is just busy, which both are probably true. We survived last week (thankfully)! My friend posted about being BUSY... It stands for Being Under Satan's Yoke... and I really feel this way sometimes, I'm working on recognizing what is really important and trying to cut out what just doesn't need to fill up my days with stress... and I dont' even have kids yet, but I'm not planning on working full time and having 7 clients with kids. My full time job will hopefully become a client, and I can just do client work, thats the plan anyway.
Last Thursday night, our Stake's Youth Conference started out with dinner and games at a local park. I tripped of the curb going to my car and sprained my ankle, kind of embarrassing, but I hurt it pretty good. I usually go walking with my great friend Amanda in the mornings, and I went to text her to tell her I wouldn't make it because I could barely walk. She texted me right back, she had just slid down a grassy hill and sprang her ankle too... weird coincidence, but we just barely started walking again this morning, both of our ankles are a little tender.
The rest of Youth Conference was up at Brighton Camp. Tyson got to go with me, and it was so beautiful up there, still a ton of snow! I hobbled around all the courses they have set up for kids, there is a ropes course, a zip line, repelling and a hike. It was really fun up there!
We hung out with family and rested from the busy week over the rest of the weekend. I didn't even have to teach YW because it was the 5th Sunday and the Bishop wanted the youth to attend a combined meeting with their parents.
Monday, we came into work and we had an accepted offer on the house we are interested in. It was built in 77', and it definitely needs work. But it's all stuff that we can handle, and we are getting it at a smokin' deal. It's a bank-owned property that has been on the market for over a year. We have spent a lot of time at that house, we have met the neighbors, and we are really looking forward to getting into our own place. We are going to the ward on Sunday, just to get a better feel for it. We are really excited, its going to take a lot of money and work, but it is going to be so nice, we've been picking out paint and lights, and then we are picking out carpet, flooring, and appliances at Tyson's old work, Basin Appliance the 2nd weekend of July. Its not the prettiest house ever, but we have to start somewhere right?


9 comments:
Yay for a house!! - I know what you mean when you say work - good luck, better to do it without kids, than with them :) - Send me an e-mail and tell me all about it, where is it? when do you close and move in? etc etc
Happy 4th!
I am so excited for you two! That is so much fun to get a house. It looks so cute. I hope you have so much fun at Bear Lake, I love it there. Have a good holiday, and just have fun relaxing. Love Ya!
That's exciting to get into a place of your own! Ben and I have been looking forever, we would love to buy a house. I think it looks cute! Have a happy 4th of July and have fun at Bear Lake!
Congratulations on your first house! It's so fun to work on it together and make it yours. Good luck with everything!
Congratulations! That is so exciting. I hope you had a very relaxing holiday weekend.
It makes me happy to see people buy starter homes, or fixer uppers, yes you do have to start somewhere and not everyone does, which is part of the housing issues right now. And why build all new homes when there are other ones available that need a little tlc to make it all better. I love to see changes in homes when someone fixes them up. Take lots of before and after pics.
Hey just let us know whatever you need help with and we'll be there! See ya soon! Love ya! - Nikki
I am totally jealous--you get to see my family--I'll be in Vernal all day and I won't! What a jip! But, I am very excited for you guys to get into a house! That will be so nice and I hear it is kinda fun to make them your own--watching Carl and Holly with their home was a lot of fun (and a lot of work) but it will be great! Congrats and Good luck!
:-) Carrie
So, where is this new house? I am so excited for you guys, good luck fixing it up!
Post a Comment