Friday, July 18, 2008

HAPPY 27TH DEAR!



Yesterday was Tyson's 27th Birthday! I made him french toast with french bread for breakfast, it was super yummy, and then our boss took the office out to the Harvest restaurant at Thanksgiving Point for lunch to celebrate (Yes, we have a totally awesome boss)!

After we came home from work, we had a bunch of friends and family over to our house for a BBQ Batman Birthday Bash! I got a bunch of Batman stuff to decorate with, Tyson loves Batman, and the new movie, "The Dark Knight" just came out today! I bought tickets to see it tomorrow night for his birthday. The Larry H. Miller theaters let you pick your seat online when you buy the tickets, its going to be awesome! Everyone brought salads, and we had BBQ'd chicken and birthday cake. It was so great to get together with friends and family and just enjoy each other's company! Thanks to everyone for the good food and great company!


I don't think Tyson's family makes a big to do about birthdays, with the exception of Tralina, who is always willing to celebrate anything with us. But this couldn't be more different than my side of the family. Our birthday's are always a big deal, and I've tried to keep that going in my own family. I know the Batman stuff was silly, but it was so fun to see the kids play with the Batman treat bags, and Tyson really did love opening his gifts in Batman wrapping paper. It was a fabulous day, Happy 27th Tys!

2 comments:

Shalisa Hazleton said...

Those candles on the cake are pretty awesome! Happy Birthday Tyson!

Kelli said...

How fun, The cake is cute. Happy birthday to your sweety