Man, I have been a slacker, only posting once last month. A lot of things have changed in the past few months, and I fully realize that only more change is coming... Now that I'm moving onto the second trimester, I'm feeling a little better, the energy is coming back too, I cooked dinner and stayed up until 10:30 last night, I know, exciting huh? But this is a landmark for me, I haven't cooked, cleaned, watched a movie (without falling asleep) with my hubby, and stayed awake past oh, about 8:30 PM in about 8 or 9 weeks... Like I said, a lot of things have changed for us. Tys is a good husband though, he hasn't let any of it bother him, and he is so sweet to bring me a piece of toast and sprite while I lay on the couch.
My sweet dad called me this morning to see how I'm doing today, its a day to day thing with me... anyway, he said he was sitting in his work truck thinking about all the changes coming into our life, all great and wonderful, and better than I could ever imagine now, and how happy he was for us... it was really sweet. He told me about when I was little, my parents had a corvette, and the car seat laws, well, lack thereof were different, and I was sitting on my mom's lap and rolled her hair up in the window... the corvette was sold and a more "family-friendly" vehicle was then purchased.
Last week was "week 14" and I've heard from so many people and I've read a lot about 14 being the "magic" number. I have been looking forward to this lucky week for awhile now, and lo and behold, I got the flu... ick! I've never thrown up so much in my life as I did in a space of 5 days. But I'm on the mends and haven't thrown up for 4 days now and counting :)
Saturday, I got my hair cut, went and bought a few "maternity" clothes with some Christmas money, went to lunch with Tyson's grandma, and then Tys took me to "Seven Pounds" Have any of you seen this movie? If you haven't I won't go into a full review and spoil it, but it is very interesting, one of those movies that makes you go, "huh, I have a good life" I was already a little overwhelmed by the movie and then... I felt the baby move for the first time, I was crying pretty hard, and the lady next to me must have thought I was a freak! Coolest feeling ever, Tys is jealous that he can't feel it for a few more weeks.
We are getting really exciting to find out what we are having, I've been looking at bedding for the crib, color schemes, but I haven't bought ANYTHING yet... it's been so hard not to grab some cute little outfits, or the shoes, I love the little shoes! Anway, just a little catch up of the last few weeks in our crazy lives. Hope you are all having a great start to a great year! Oh, here's a picture, sorry, its a little blurry, Tyson was laughing while he took it- (Clothes really hide it, but I definitely have a baby bump :)
Thursday, January 8, 2009
First Post of the Year
Posted by Danielle Hacking at 12:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


12 comments:
There is no "visible" bump there! I know you feel it and you notice it, but really, you look so great! What an exciting time! There is something extra special about your first! If your're not too sick, try and enjoy it!
You look gorgeous dear! Can't wait to see you this weekend! Love You!
I have been wondering how you were!!! You look so cute...no bump yet, but I know at least you can feel and see it and that is all that matters! I am glad you are doing pretty well. I hope things get better and better!
You look adorable, and your bump is so not visible!! But I remember that stage where I could see & feel my body changing, but nobody else could tell. I was so excited to start showing for real.
I'm glad you're starting to feel a little better. I've been worried about you since you haven't posted in awhile.
I am just so excited for you! There will be so many changes, and sometimes you won't even feel like the same person. But it's all amazing, and so worth it!
Seriously a bump? Where? I don't see one. Isn't that the coolest thing ever to feel the baby? Just wait when the movements get so big you are like ok baby... enough. At least that is how I feel. I am glad you are feeling better.
I get so excited for first time parents. its so fun and nothing in the world compairs to being a parent. Nothing. Its the best.
Sorry no bump I can see, you look great!! You are going to be so cute pregnant! You're starting the fun stuff now when the baby moves! Good luck!
Yea! a new post (see how many people are checking?). Thanks for the movie suggestion. I'm glad you guys are spending time with grandma, but we missed you!
Congratulations!!!!! See how bad I've been about checking blogs. We are so excited for you two. You have such a fun and exciting road ahead of you. Good luck and enjoy every moment (as if you aren't already :o) ! We have about 4 weeks to go for #4 to come (give or take) and we can't wait. Haven asks at least once a week if the Kael is ready to come out yet. So cute and so fun! Once again we are very excited for you and good luck!
okay you are way to cute!!! seriously. Cute post!! You are a skinny mini!. I hope you really start to feel better. It needs to be enjoyed and you can't if your feeling like crap! I'm so happy for you! Take care
I wish I looked like you when I was 14 weeks. You look great!! I am so glad you are feeling better. There is nothing worse than morning sickness that lasts forever!! That is awful that you got the flu on top of it. Keep us posted and I am so excited for you two!!
I wish I looked that good before I got pregnant this time! You are so adorable! I am so happy for you! I enjoyed, not actually feeling pregnant (Uggg!), but enjoyed the process of being pregnant. So many new, happy, unforgetable things. Enjoy it!
Post a Comment