Monday, March 2, 2009

From This to This

On my last post, I put up a pic of a nursery set we loved... I waited like 2 weeks and when I went to order it, I can't find it anywhere now!!! I've searched the web over, each web site is permanently out of stock or says "page can not be found"

So, the deal is, Tyson loves turtles, and neither of us are the biggest fan of the color blue, I don't know why, but Tyson's favorite color hands down is green, and from what I have looked at, the green sets really draw my attention... so I found this:

So, if you look really hard, there is a turtle on it, along with a monkey (that stands out the most) and a croc and some bug, maybe a dragon fly. We both like the greens and I guess we'll just try and accentuate the turtles.

My mom gave me her JC Penney catalog, and this set was on their website, a four piece set (sheet, comforter, dust ruffle, and bumper) for $169.99. I googled it, and found a six piece set (same set plus a valance and diaper stacker) for $175 at lots of other places, so I went with the six piece set for $5.01 more, plus no shipping.

Then... Saturday night, my sis and I were at the mall, and we parked by Penny's and decided to check out their baby section... there it was, the four piece set for $149.99, marked down to $99.99, and if you spend $100.00 you get $20.00 off, so I could get the four piece set for $80.00 and just return the six piece set I had just ordered online... Well, the online order hasn't even shipped yet, so I was able to cancel my online order and save $95. Even if I decide to order the diaper stacker and a valance separate, I'd be saving quite a bit! I was so excited to find such a smokin' deal! I think I'll make the valance, just take the comforter and match a fabric or two. Designing a valance doesn't overwhelm and scare me to death as much as designing an entire nursery does!

I am now 23 weeks along, and feeling so much better. I'm so thrilled to be able to enjoy this a little more now. I know the next few months will fly by, so we are just working on things little by little. I do have a question for all of you moms out there, we are looking at buying a bassinet, and have been offered a moses basket to use for the first little while... what worked best for you, I'd love to hear some feedback, because I have NO CLUE!

13 comments:

Whit said...

How fun! personally I love my pack n play... it seems like most babies ( mine never even fit) in the bassinets or moses baskets but a pack n play can be used FOREVER! My pack n play came with a bassinet instert but it is bigger. I know lots of people who use both though!

Kandice said...

That is a super cute set! I agree with Whitney, a pack and play with a baby bassinet insert would be great. Then you can take it out and use it when he is bigger. I only had a bassinet with my last one, and I will say I did love love love it though. I'm so glad you are feeling better. I remember that sigh of relief when I finally felt somewhat human again. Enjoy it!!! TTYL

Liesl Law said...

I used a bassinet or cradle for the all my babies. I like it over the port a crib, just cause I couldn't see the point in spending so much money on the bassinet thing for such a short time. And I never liked having to bend so far to reach my babies. But that is just me. Glad you are feeling better.

Hillary said...

I think I may even love the monkeys more! Super cute, and the deal makes it all the better. I had a cradle, and both my babies hated it since they hated to be flat on their backs. My babies were bouncer babies for the first little bit. It worked for me, so they could be close to me. Plus the vibrate function is heaven sent!!! Good luck! You'll figure out what works best for you!

tralina said...

My offer still stands. If you want a shopping buddy when you go look for fabrics, call me!

Harvey Family said...

Dani, I was just at Target and they have that bedroom set there. It is super cute. They also have tons of little things to go with it. Also, in the dollar section there they have things that match it too... little rugs ($2.50) and other stuff. Anyway, I thought you might be interested.

I would go with the pack 'n play. They are wonderful! Where you can only use a bassinet for a short time, you can use the pack 'n play for much longer. Plus it comes in handy when you go on trips. Most pack 'n plays come with a little bassinet insert too. Just go with whatever you like. You will figure things out as you go along. We all have our own preferences. If you do decide to go with the bassinet, see if there is someone you could borrow one from. Then you will know if you want to buy one.

Glad you are feeling better. Lucky gal! At close to 29 weeks I'm still on meds to control my morning sickness.

Hanberg's said...

I'm with some of these girls on the pack and play with a bassinet. they are so nice for traveling, or even now to just set up and load with toys to contain Cameron while I finish laundry, etc.

Kassi Luck said...

I am so glad you are feeling much better!! The last month or two has really flown by. I can't believe I have a little less than six weeks left. CRAZY! Anyway, I used a pack and play for Daysen and I loved it. It came with a bassinet insert as well so you didn't have to bend over to get to your little one. I believe most of the GRACO pack and play's come with the insert. plus i could it with me whenever I would go somewhere. Cute nursery set. I had one for Daysen that was really similar to yours. I was from kidsline and it is called Zanzibar. I am using it for this baby as well. so cute!!

Shalisa Hazleton said...

Just feel lucky you are feeling better! Lots of women are sick their entire pregnancy. I am very happy that you are feeling well though. Ok, so here is what I think. I really like a bassinet. I might be just crazy talking, but the baby is so used to being squished I think the small quarters in the bassinet helps the baby. What do I know? I just put Braxton in the travel bed about a week ago, so he was in the bassinet for about a month. The bassinet I use was given to me. It is old, but still serves its purpose. You are welcome to barrow it if you want. We are coming up in April and could bring it up. Also, may I recommend the book Baby wise. You can get it off ebay. It helps you train your baby to sleep all night by 8 weeks. I can't say it has worked for me yet, since Braxton is only 5 weeks, but I only have to get up with him once right now.

Amanda said...

Pack-n-Play (with a top basinet)is the way to go! plus if you go anywhere... your parents house or on vacation over night... you'll need one anyway. for the first two months or so i have the pack-n-play in my room... with night feedings baby is right there! then i start putting the baby to sleep for naps in the crib in her room... and then eventually at night too. I LOVE the new monkey set, really really cute! sorry the turtle one is gone... SWEET DEAL... i love a good bargin too!

Anonymous said...

I did the pack and play with Matai. The bassinet part was really nice. Of course he was over the weight limit much faster than most babies, but now we use it for the play pen. Your stuff is way cute!!! Looks a lot like Matai's

Amanda said...

What a steal! It's such a cute bedding set! You'll have to let me know when you get it so I can see it all set up. :)

Ivy Lou said...

Awesome deal-finding! I love that! The set is soo cute. That is similar to the one Mitch just showed me! Funny! Take time to enjoy being pregnant. I think it passes pretty quickly and it is so neat! My 8 yr old nephew just told me he thinks "It's amazing that our bodies could make something like that."