Monday, May 4, 2009

My Baby's Baby Blanket

This was a busy little weekend, full of projects and things to do... Saturday morning I went over to my boss's house. His wife has an awesome sewing/craft room, and she helped me cut out squares and get Ethan's baby blanket pieced together. I think it turned out really well, lots of fun patterns and colors. The back is the same blue polka dot border, and we're going to tie it at my baby shower out here in the city.

I didn't take any pictures of this, but I made my first attempt of making homemade jam. I made strawberry freezer jam, and it turned out so well, I am thinking about making a bunch now, freezing it, and giving it away at Christmas to neighbors and friends... the strawberries have been heavenly this season, its been the one thing I have truly "craved."

I am officially 32 weeks along, and can't believe how quickly the last 8 months have gone, we are guessing the next 8 weeks will go by too fast as well, but then we'll have our little angel. I have had some swelling in my ankles, and I'm a little afraid of being put on bed rest, but maybe it would be good for me and MAKE me slow down a little... but I'm feeling good, baby is growing and getting stronger each day, we are so excited! Tyson is doing some shelving in the baby's room, and then we are setting up the crib, so fun!

14 comments:

Amanda said...

Cute blanket! I love it! Also your updated prego pic is adorable! WOW... we are both getting so close... this is fun. miss you.

oh, ps. Strawberrie jam sounds so good right now... i've never made freezer jam before, i've got a huge freezer in my garage that has nothing in it... that might be fun to do sometime... do you have a favorite recipe?

Shalisa Hazleton said...

wow. way cute. Good job! That is a good idea for christmas presents!! I am glad everything is going well.

Kassi Luck said...

Dani
The baby blanket is adorable. It turned out soooo good! It was so good to see you at your moms. You are so cute and I can't wait to see baby ethan. Take it easy because bed rest is not fun. Good luck - TTYL.

Emily said...

Love the blankie! Post pic of your nursery when you get it together.

Enjoy your last few weeks of being pregnant... it's such an amazing miracle.

Send me your e-mail and I'll send you some fun links and pic.
chrisemclark@hotmail.com

Liberti said...

Dani, the blanket is darling - great colors!

Hillary said...

Love the blanket!! That will be such a great keepsake for the little man his whole life!

AuntEmmy said...

Love the blanket. It is adorable! Good luck with the next 8 weeks.
Emily

JoshandMegs said...

great job on the quilt! it looks so good! you're right, the next 8 weeks will go by so quickly. it seems like it's just the last few days and drag on a bit, but before you know it you'll have little Ethan in your arms!

Kandice said...

Way cute quilt! Way to go. I hope you have a good next few weeks. I can't wait to see your little guy!

Nikki, Chris, Rooks, & Reese Wilding said...

Oh the blanket turned out SO good! Hope you are feeling well and know that you can call me anytime for anything. I love you and can't wait for this weekend!

tralina said...

I can't believe that you already finished it!!! It looks great!!

Brian, Nikki, and Nevie said...

You look absolutely adorable! Love the blanket, too!

I'm so sad I missed lunch the other week. We will have to do another one soon. Take it easy and put those feet up!

Shelby said...

Wow I can't believe it! Your blanket is adorable. I love quilting. It is so funny you just made freezer jam I just bought all the stuff to make it for the first time this weekend!

Ivy Lou said...

Your baby quilt is adorable. I have chosen almost the exact same colors! The beauty of making it yourself is that nobody else will have the same one! Great job!! It looks fantastic! And the jam...that just made my mouth water!