Tuesday, June 23, 2009

7 Day Countdown

Well, it could be longer than that right? Lots of pregnancies, especially the first, go past the due date... but we officially have one week until our due date!

I've been feeling really good, I've heard from so many people that the last month is the hardest, and I think I've been lucky enough for this to not be true for me... weeks 10 through 16 were much harder. I mean, I have this huge belly out in front of me that makes comfort a struggle at times, but I am not kneeling in front of the toilet for hours each day... and for this, I am totally grateful.

I have my 39 week appointment tomorrow, after which, we are going to see the new Transformers movie... we are huge fans, and we didn't honestly think we were even going to get to go (knock on wood). Yesterday, when Tyson bought the tickets online, I told him that he has sealed the deal, I'll be in labor or we will have baby Ethan here by 11:59 Wednesday night... :)

Last night at about 2:00 AM, I got up for the second time in the night to go to the bathroom, and I didn't feel the little guy moving. I laid back down, kind of rubbed my tummy, hoping to feel a movement and be back to dreamland... but he wouldn't move! I kind of started freaking out... I got up and drank a bunch of water, ate a yogurt, continued rubbing, and nothing... this went on for about 15 minutes, and finally... a movement... and then another, and I think he finally woke up... from everything I've read, movement slowing down is totally normal at this point, but he is one active little dude, I mean, he is always moving around, so it scared me a lot. He's been moving all day, so just a little scare.

I must add that I am loving being home... I have worked full time since the summer after high school graduation, working quite a bit through high school to fuel my beast of a vehicle that got 8 (if I was lucky) miles to the gallon. Anyway, being home all day has given me time to cook up some meals for the freezer, read lots of books, watch lots of movies, write in my journal, and have lots of quiet time, a rarity in my life until the last few weeks. I have lots of time to think, and lately, I've been thinking a lot about comments towards pregnant people like, "You look like you're going to pop!"

My mother in law and neighbor insist that I'm not big enough to be 39 weeks, the baby has not dropped yet, and I'm all belly... but twice I have had the "pop" comment. Is this response proper at all? While smiling say, "You know, that's never a nice thing to say to a pregnant woman." I might just try it out if I dare go out in public in the next week or so... Hope you all are having a great week and are enjoying this amazing June weather, I'll keep this as updated as possible in the next few days to come!

7 comments:

Amanda said...

haha. i'm one of those people who asked the 'pop' question... i'm such a jerk. i guess if people ask you enough... payback is to ask another pregnant person.

sorry.

Fun to read up on how you are doing. i've been thinking alot about you. i'm glad you are able to be home and relax and enjoy your last 'free' moments...

i'm excited to meet this little one of yours... CAN'T WAIT!
Love you!!

Ben and Marcie said...

I keep checking to see if you've had him yet! Enjoy your time at home relaxing, you deserve it! Can't wait to hear all about it when he finally gets here!

Shalisa Hazleton said...

Thanks for updating us! I can't wait to see him! I am glad you are getting to have some rest before he comes!

JoshandMegs said...

i got told that myself which surprised me since everyone else was saying i wasn't big enough...who knows. you look great though. he'll be here before you know it, it's crazy!!

Ivy Lou said...

Good luck with everything! You are so close now!! Yay! His room is adorable, too! Great job!

The McClellan Clan said...

Well just so you know. We sat down to watch a movie and just as it started my water broke. hehe
So now we have ties to larry the cable guy health inspector for Emmy.
Ya I don't know why people make the comments they do. What are they thinking. Even Women do it and you'd think they'd know better. I think the next time they say that you should say really I'm only 25 weeks. then see what they say. I think that would be hilarious!! Good luck my dear. keep us posted!!

Liberti said...

I can't wait to see little Ethan :)