Wednesday, June 17, 2009

38 Weeks, Home & Connected, Baby's Room, False Alarm, READY!

Wow, its been over a month since my last post... What a month!

I am now 38 Weeks along in this pregnancy that is flying by, I seriously can not believe how quickly the time has gone June 3, I was sent home from the doctor's office with orders to not return to work, so for the last 2 weeks, I have been taking it easy at home. My blood pressure has been super high, but I don't have any other scary things going on, so we are just letting this little guy get as big as possible before I either go into labor on my own (say a prayer) or my doc induces me.

My hubby set up a little office up for me at home so I can continue to do the bookkeeping for my boss, and we finally got the Internet up and running, it feels so good to be re-connected!
Here are a couple pics of little Ethan's room: (the orange paint is bold, but its pretty cute)



Monday night, I felt a little "gush" and ran to Tys and said, "I think my water just broke!" I laid down, and nothing else really happened, but decided to call my doctor to see what she thought. She had me go to the hospital and get checked out. They hooked me up to the fetal monitor and the contraction monitor just like the real thing. I've been having decent contractions and Tyson was so cute holding my hand and reminding me to breath, what a cute daddy he is going to be. But, it was not amniotic fluid that had leaked, they found out that I have a bladder infection and that caused (causes) some leakage, so we are back home on a prescription. It was a very eventful and exciting morning, not knowing if we were coming home with or without our little man...
But now we are on a 13 day countdown to the due date. I feel great, getting plenty of rest, reading lots of books, watching lots of movies. We took a lactation class and a birthing class last week, I'm a little on knowledge overload, but we are totally excited for the real thing!

10 comments:

Shalisa Hazleton said...

Wow girl, you are all set to go! Look at all those diapers and clothes! You will not believe how many diapers you are going to go through! I am glad everything is going well! If you are having contractions that is a good sign that you will probably go into labor on your own! (hopefully) I am getting way excited to see the little man! His room is way cute!

Ben and Marcie said...

His room is way cute! You look like you are all ready for him! Good luck with everything, I can't wait to see pictures!

Emily said...

You look so cute! Enjoy these last few days of peace and rest... your life is about to CHANGE! His room turned out so dang cute... way to go!

Hillary said...

LOVE the letters in his room. I love the whole room actually! Glad everything is ok, and CANT wait for the big news!! Any day now!

Kandice said...

I had been wondering if you were going to blog again!!! I hope it happens soon, good luck, and can't wait to see him!

Amanda said...

I'm excited to meet baby Ethan! Best wishes with an easy labor and delivery!

Whit said...

How fun getting ready...don't you just love the embarrasing pee your pants stories! Good thing you have pregnancy to blame it on! I have SO many of those! Can't wait for you! You'll be the best mommy!

tralina said...

You are both going to be great parents!! I'm glad you're feeling better--keep taking it easy!

Hanberg's said...

You and your sister are both in trouble with me. You don't update your blog near enough as your due date gets closer, and then I am fretting and wondering if you've had the baby all for nothing! :) Hope you enjoy the next few days of rest, you deserve it.

Kassi Luck said...

Ethans room turned out way cute!! I love it. YOu look great!! Can't wait to see pics of the little guy.