Thursday, October 8, 2009

A Hike, Pressing Apples & a Few New Pics

Two weekends ago, we decided that we HAD to get out and enjoy this BEAUTIFUL weather, before it got freezing cold! What better way to enjoy the great outdoors than hiking in the mountains? We hiked 4.2 miles, from Little Cottonwood Canyon over the top, and into Big Cottonwood canyon. Tyson carried Ethan in the Bjorn, and I carried a backpack full of diapers, burp cloths, snacks, and a camera... Ethan loves, loves, loves being outside, it is so stimulating and he didn't make a cranky peap the entire hike.





Over Conference Weekend, we went to Vernal with our friends, the Smarts. Tyson's parent's farm has pretty good sized apple orchard and our tradition is to go out and pick the apples, and then press them to make the best apple juice you'll ever taste in your life! Un-pasterized, no preservatives or wierd ingredients, just 100% apple juice, YUM! It's a lot of hard work, but the end result is totally worth it! We listened to conference while we picked and pressed, it was such a fun weekend!
Ethan did really well, he practically lived in the Bjorn or his carseat, but he was so good for us! He turned 3 months old while we were in Vernal... 3 months! I can't believe my little baby is getting so big... fastest 3 months of my life!

Couple of 3 Month Milestones/Favorites:

Rolling from his tummy to his back, left and right, before it was only right (at 6 weeks), inches forward when he is on his tummy, he likes to push with his toes, loves to eat his hand, tries to fit both fists in a the same time, becoming a true slobber king, sleeping 8-9 hours at night (hallelujah!) weighing in at close 17 pounds, my little chunck, always full of smiles, getting more ticklish each day, starting to giggle and laugh outloud, loves bath time, he is kind of a momma's boy, and he is sitting up to the table in his high chair, too cute!



12 comments:

rosann said...

I love it when babies get old enough to start interacting - smiling at you and all that. Ethan is so gosh dang cute!! And you look fab! I had a good friend move back East and the fall is all about apples there - what a great tradition! Miss you Dani!

Nikki, Chris, Rooks, & Reese Wilding said...

Love love love all the pics! I just updated my blog too- check it out! Love you!

Kassi Luck said...

He is getting so big!! He is so cute and the pics of you three are priceless!! What a cute family!! Dont you love when they start sleeping at night!! HURRAY!!

The Natalie Page said...

hey sister he is soo cute .. i love ya and your family..

tralina said...

Great post--love the pics, especially of Ethan by the bear. Don't you have another when he was born where the bear is huge? Now he is much bigger than the bear. What a sweet little guy!

Liesl Law said...

Your little boy is such a doll! :)

Valeri Crockett said...

MMMmmmm. . . . fresh homemade apple juice. . . that sounds SO delicious! It is so fun to carry little babies and go hiking huh?! (when their not cranky of course). I can't believe he's 3 month old and rolling over and sitting up to the table. Enjoy every second with that cute guy! Also, Happy Birthday to me, you, and Nikki this month!!!!!

;) Val

Shalisa Hazleton said...

He just keeps getting cuter every day! I am jealous about the apples!

Nikki, Chris, Rooks, & Reese Wilding said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! LOVE YOU!

Amanda said...

:) He is so dang cute! :) your hike sounds so wonderful!

Amanda said...

love the pics! looks like a great trip to vernal!

Bryant, Brandi, Adelle and Ocean Hacking said...

What a sweet little guy. We miss you all when do we get to see you? Hey Danielle, I hope you had an awesome birthday. I had a card that I thought I mailed but I found it the other day. I am so sorry. But we love you, and hope it was a good one. It's fun to see your little guy growing and changing all the time. Give him lots of kisses from us.