Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Another Cold Easter, Some Fun, and a Dog Gone Question

Could it be any colder in Vernal? Hackings have a tradition to go to Chocolate Rock (mouth of Dry Fork) and roll our nicely decorated Easter eggs down the hill. The Hackings that originally settled Vernal started doing this, and each year, the week before Easter is fairly nice, and then Easter weekend hits, and brrr... I don't remember in the last 6 years that I have joined in on the Hacking tradition fun that we have had a warm day on Chocolate Rock, and why would this year be any different?

Its so funny because my parents want us to move to Vernal so badly, but they themselves ask why they even live in such a cold climate??? Salt Lake still has it fair share of winter, but we've had green grass pretty much all year long, so I can't really complain.

So even though it was very windy and chilly, even snowy at times, we had a nice Easter weekend with both Nebekers and Hackings. We watched a little conference, but its kind of hard to watch with a busy 9 month old, so we are watching 2 or 3 talks each night.

Our company has a side by side ATV, a Razor, and we brought that out with us and had a ball riding it around in the hills. We are looking forward to riding it and getting out a lot more this year.

Tys was sick for about 4 months last year about this time, and I was pregnant and then on bed rest, so we are really looking forward to not being cooped up this year. We have plans to go to Yellowstone twice, Hacking Reunion and then the Nebeker Reunion, riding to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon on the Razor, Camping at Topaz Mountain, behind Strawberry Reservoir, and possibly Bear Lake. Plus I have Girl’s Camp, Tys has Scout Camp and for Youth Conference, we are going to the pageant at Castle Dale and river rafting in Moab… yeah, our summer is pretty much planned already.

Lastly, we are thinking about getting a dog... my mom has a beagle that just won't stick around their property, and we have a fenced in yard. We have watched him when my parents go out of town. He is adorable, Ethan loves him, and the dog is good with Ethan, but I kind of just feel like it is one more thing to do, and I already feel like each day is crammed... what are your thoughts, do you have a dog? Hope you are all enjoying Spring!

3 comments:

JoshandMegs said...

first of all you should put some pictures up! ;)
Are you wanting a small or big dog?
Golden Retrievers are wonderful dogs, they are very kind, good with children, and well behaved. Plus they are very playful, love the water, just an all around great family dog. I think they are always ranked #1 for a "Family Dog".
I myself could not live in cold cold places, I am already nervous about moving back to SLC where they get snow much longer then we do in Boise! :)

Hillary said...

Ok, so here's my thought on dogs. We had one for 7 years, and she was totally part of the family. She went with Quin when we got divorced. I missed her terribly, but I just thought there was no way I had time to devote to one more thing and so I didn't get another one. Mike and I had talked about it, and then all of the sudden went out and did it. I forgot just how much I loved having one around. They are great company, and there is nothing like seeing my kids with him. And the extra work just gets done somehow, just like with a child. It's extra yeah, and hard sometimes, but totally worth it. So glad I just did it. DO IT!!

tralina said...

dog + little boy = awesome. You just have to do regular poop pickup, and have a place for him to go when YOU go out of town. (not my house--maybe moms?) If you don't want the beagle--KSL has dozens of free labradors right now.