Wednesday, January 30, 2008

6 ABOUT ME!

Liberti tagged me, so here are six things about me, and then I'll tag six other people and let them know by leaving a message on their blog.
1:
I love to have new experiences. I remember my first roommate told me that when you are always in your "comfort bubble" you are not growing. I enjoy taking a new class, or going to a new book group, shopping at a new place, or going on a trip to a place we have never been. I love to meet new people and just experience life! I joined an aerobics/step class thats on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 6-7 AM, and it has changed my life, I love the class, its been fun getting to know new people, and it feels good to get to work and already have my work out done for the day.
2:
I'm learning how to speak Chinese. We are going to Taiwan and China in April/May of this year. This is a trip that we have been saving and planning for since we were first married. My dear hubby bought me the Rosetta Stone language disks for me to learn Chinese for Valentines last year. It is very hard, I go over lessons on the disks, and then Tyson reviews with me to make sure I understand what I'm even saying. But sometimes, what the disk teaches me, and what really is spoken in China are different...how am I supposed to know that? If I didn't have my sweetie to help me, as he served in Taiwan for 2 years, I would have no clue.
3:
Since we moved to SLC, I've kind of job hopped, which I hate. I started with a company the day after we moved out here. My husband even got a job there, in a different department. After a few months, his boss was fired, and the whole company just seemed so dishonest and just a place we didn't want to be associated with anymore, so we quit. Tyson found a great job for Comlink Land Services, as a CAD Drafter, and he's still there designing cell tower sites for T-Mobile. Well, I interviewed and was hired as the Office Manager/Staff Accountant for a small CPA Firm, when I interviewed, I had to take a very difficult accounting test, and it was the toughest interview I have ever been to. When I left, I called Tyson and told him "no way did I get that job." Well, they called me that afternoon, and offered me the position. I worked my fanny off during tax season, but it was the best experience. The partner's (aka owners) of the company split the firm, and I was suddenly going to have to drive to Bountiful, or find a new job. Sorry I know this long, but I have to explain myself on this, I'm from Vernal where it takes 10 minutes to get anywhere. The freeway out of Parley's, I-80 is torn appart, and will be for a few years, and that would be my route to Bountiful that is only 15 miles away, but easily an hour drive if there were no wrecks on the freeway. I sadly declined and found a job as an Office Manager for an architecture firm. I knew the first day on the job that it just wasn't going to work out... but I stayed for 6 months, not wanting to quit and start the process all over again. At the first of December, Tyson and I were having FHE and I just thought maybe Tyson could ask his boss if he knew of anyone that needed a bookkeeper, I like accounting, its my niche I guess. Well, Tyson asked, and just so happens that HIS boss needed a bookkeeper/HR manager. I met with him, and started 2 weeks later. He called me during the 2 week transition to see if he could give me the title of Chief Financial Operator, and I'm like "SURE, CFO sounds great!" So, I have this awesome job now, get to ride with my hubby into work, our boss is letting us travel this year, no problem, and I am hoping to stay here as long as we are in SLC, I could totally do this part time if we are fortunate to start a family.
4:
I love to cook, and I don't really like to make tacos or something simple. We have been trying really fun recipes, and really would much rather stay home and have dinner together than eat out. I made homemade granola, it took 4 hours, but it was so yummy and its totally healthy, made with honey, no sugar!
5:
I share a trait with some other friends that blog, I have a little bit of OCD with cleaning and having everything in order. We just got back fror Hawaii on Sunday, and some of my family haven't even unpacked yet (its Wednesday). The second I walked in the door, I was making laundry piles, getting it started, and putting things away. Our snorkel gear is still sitting in the front room because there is 3 feet of snow in front of our garage so we can't get in there, and it is driving me crazy, I'll probably hide it under our bed just so I don't have to see it. I like things clean, neat, orderly, I like to be on time, remember important things, and be dependable. Its just part of who I am.
6:
With the neatness obsession, I'm starting to become very picky, which while I was in college, I was not picky at all, I ate cherios with water if I didn't have milk. But now, I disect everything I eat, we went to Krispy Kreme in Maui, and I had a raspberry filled doughnut, and I don't like too much jelly so I pulled the whole doughnut apart and put on the filling on my napkin and dabbed the shredded pieces in the jelly. My family just stared at me like I was crazy. I don't like chicken, it just grosses me out, and I really hate public bathrooms. I'll hold it as long as I can for a clean place. Just as I've gotton older I guess, I have just become so picky. My dad says I'm easily the pickiest kid of his, thanks Dad!

3 comments:

Liberti said...

Dani, I love reading about you - most of these things I could've picked out - but I also learned a lot of new things!

Shalisa Hazleton said...

Silly girl, getting picky and everything. Wait till you have kids. That might change. I agree that it makes you feel better when the house is clean though.

Haught said...

Hey Tyson and Dani....it is Heather Haught (Player). I came across your blog through Shalisa. Sounds like this is going to be a fun year for you. It was good to see how you are doing.
Heather
leviandheatherhaught.blogspot.com