We had a great Easter weekend! Friday, I was able to get off work a little early and drive out to Vernal. I told my mom over the phone that I had just left SLC, but I was really at the view area, so when I pulled up to her work, she was pleasantly surprised, she had to take a double take, it was awesome! Tyson's sister, Tralina, and her four little kids came out to Vernal too, and we had pizza Friday night with them up at my mom and dad's house.
Saturday, we had a big breakfast all together again, and then went up to Chocolate Rock and rolled our Easter eggs down the hill. It is a Hacking Family tradition, dating back to the pioneers. The kids had such a great time, and the weather was pretty nice. After rolling Easter eggs, we went over to Randy and Louann Merrell's house to see their Tibetan Yaks... What a site! They are starting to get a little herd of these huge animals. They are strong and really agile, I've never seen this size of animals literally run and jump. My nieces and nephews loved this little stop before the Easter egg hunt.

We then went to Tyson's parent's house to have an Easter egg hunt for the kids. Tralina, my brother in law Chris (Nikki's husband), Tyson and I got to hide eggs and treats all over the back yard, and then the kids came running out to find all of the goodies. It is so fun to see little kids get so excited, it was a really fun day! Tralina's family went back to SLC, and Tyson and I stayed and had a really nice "Pre Easter" family dinner at my mom and dad's house. Tyson made the best pork roast, everything was so yummy!!!
Tyson and I left Vernal for SLC at about 9:00 AM Sunday morning, our church starts at 12:30, and Tyson was teaching a lesson, so we had about 20 minutes to get ready for church... Sacrament was really good, the speakers did a great job, speaking on Christmas or Easter would be so hard for me, I would just sit and cry the whole time...Tyson and I are starting our own traditions, so after church, we came home from church and made crepes with strawberries. We are going to try and do this on Easters to come. We also think we will do the Easter Bunny and Easter Egg Hunts on Saturday, so that Easter Sunday can be a time for remembering our Savior, the Atonement, and the Resurrection.
We just snacked the rest of the day and enjoyed the weather and each other's company. I love spending time with my family, my sister's little boy is almost 9 months old and I just can't get enough of the little guy. I'm also so, so , so excited for this weather to change, I'm tempted to wear carpi's one day this week... we'll see. It was a really nice weekend, I'm so grateful for time to spend with my sweetie and family.
P.S. We leave for Taiwan and China in one month from today!!!


7 comments:
Thanks for having us along on your big Easter Egg roll! We had such a good time- we always do when we get together with you guys- other than your husband always picking on me j/k! Love ya!
sounds like you had a lot of fun! I had a lot of fun meeting you for lunch! I hope to do it again soon! I can't email while I am still up here at my sisters. She has a blocker on hotmail! Sorry,I will email you when I get home sometime tomorrow!
How FUN!! I love holidays with family...looking forward to Friday!
Dani, I am so sorry we missed you this weekend, it is so hard when we both have so much family in town. Looks like you had a great weekend. You looked beautiful in your pictures. I love your hair, it is getting long. Have a great day. I sure wish I was coming to china with you.!
I'm so excited to see that you are a fellow blogger! You guys look great, how long have you been living in the SLC, we live kind of in sugarhouse. Its on 4th east so its kind of more ghetto but we like to think its sugarhouse! Anyway good to catch up a bit!
What fun Easter traditions! I love your idea of having the "fun" outdoor Easter stuff on Saturday so that Sunday can be more spiritual.
And I agree with Kandice..you and your hair are gorgeous! (:
i love it, it sounds awesome!!!! So I just found out that the inlaws are on a mission. So who is in there house??? Thats cool and crazy???
I love all your traditions and the easter stuff. I totally wanted to teach the kids so much about the real meaning about Easter. But it didn't work, except Kaelyn did learn alot at church.
Well take care
Post a Comment