Monday, March 3, 2008

ENGAGEMENT ANNIVERSARY


Friday, February 29th was our anniversary date of becoming engaged. Although it was four years ago, this was the first anniversary as it it leap day. I woke up to go to my aerobics class, and there was this beautiful bouquet of flowers in front of the door. I immediately thought someone broke into our house... I know that doesn't make sense, but then I remembered our special day, and there was the sweetest card from Tyson. He was really sneaky with this, and it totally surprised me! I got him an hour and a half massage gift certificate, he loves to go get massages.


That night, we drove out to Vernal, and went with some friends and my sister's family out to Blue Mountain to have a campfire. We couldn't quite get to the cliffs where Tyson proposed because the snow was so deep! We did get pretty close, and ended up having the fire right on the dirt road where there wasn't any snow. We roasted hot dogs and had smores, it was so fun! My sister, Nikki, brought her sweet little boy, he love to watch the fire, he couldn't take his eyes off it, I think the flames even lulled him to sleep. It was so good to be outside, breath fresh air, smell like a campfire, and enjoy friends and family.

We had a fun weekend in Vernal, got to see and visit people we haven't seen in a long time, plus got to hang out with my family, which I love! Its even start to warm up and the snow is starting to melt out there. When we got home yesterday, the flowers had opened up even more, they are just getting prettier! I am so grateful for my sweetheart, he is a great husband, and my true love.




6 comments:

Kandice said...

Oh, that is so sweet. My husband forgets to be romantic like that! I don't even remember the date that we got engaged, how sad is that. So you enjoy those sentimental moments while you can.! Sorry we missed you this weekend, next time you come we will get together for sure!

Ivy Lou said...

What a great thing to do for each other! Mitch is really thoughtful and it means a lot to me. We still try to do little things like that for each other. Although, while staying at my in-laws it's been a bit more difficult. This month we will be married 10 years and it's still great!!

Shalisa Hazleton said...

That is pretty sweet! You guys have such a great relationship and it shows. Glad you had fun in Vernal.

Brian, Nikki, and Nevie said...

That is so sweet! You got a winner, for sure. (:

Molly emailed me looking for your email address...she found your blog but needs your email. Can you post it on my blog or email it to me at nikolemerrell@gmail.com? I would like to have it, too. Molly thinks you guys might live right by each other!

We really need to get together...what is your work schedule like? Every day?

The McClellan Clan said...

1,2,3 AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! How sweet is that!! Brady should treat me extra special then on my birthday, cause we got engaged on that day too!! I'm out here in Vernal. I did see an extra car at the hackings a couple of times. Was that you???
Well take care!!

The McClellan Clan said...

it wasn't monticello it was Kanab!! So I hope you don't know any one that lives there. I don't know if my dr. knows this for sure. He is on the board at the hospital in st.george, but I just don't know if its FACT!! But that is what he said