Sunday, February 14, 2010

As Promised... Happy Valentines

Well, its Sunday, and I'm taking a minute to post... as I promised myself I would try to do...

Ethan and I have had a little cold this last week. Tyson has been a wonderful husband, and has helped me so much with cooking, cleaning, and most importantly, taking care of Ethan. Wednesday, I called in sick, and Tyson came home at lunch and stayed home for the rest of the day. He let me take a 2 hour nap, which I really needed, and I felt so much better when I woke up... Mid nap, I mentioned to Tyson that my feet were cold, and asked if he could get me some socks... he looked through my sock drawer and couldn't find any "warm" socks, so he put a pair of his socks on my feet... When I woke up, I was a little surprised, but my feet were o' so warm :)

We always celebrate Valentines on the 13th, the restaurants and crowds are not too appealing to us small town folk out here in the city, so we go to dinner the night before. But this year, the 13th is on a weekend night, again, the crowds are not our favorite thing, so we went to a very nice lunch at Thanksgiving Point, at the Harvest. It was very yummy, Ethan was so good, and such a doll the whole time.

We also kind of "celebrated" last weekend. We went and saw Avatar in 3D. We've wanted to go for a long time, but 3 hours is a long time to be away from Ethan, and its hard to find/afford a sitter. Tyson's mom doesn't like to watch Ethan when he is asleep, and he goes down at or before 7 each night... So, we have a cute little gal from the ward, and she came down, and we went to Avatar last weekend! It was awesome, we loved it, and when we got home, Ethan had not made a peep the entire time we were gone! Little blessings...

I am so happy to have an extended weekend! Two holidays right in a row! We are going to work on our basement, lay low, and get well rested for the upcoming week! Tyson is making me crab, shrimp, and brie stuffed salmon, and I am making Pears Zbaglione for dessert, Happy Valentines and Presidents Day!

3 comments:

tralina said...

Oh, my brother is so cute! The sock story is sweet--and I'm glad you appreciated it. See you soon!

Kandice said...

I loved the days when we just had Hallie...we tried to include her on everything, and truly cherished our small times without her...then we were so glad to go back! Those days are long gone, but I am glad you are having fun and making the best of your time with that sweet/cute little guy!

Shalisa Hazleton said...

Ahhhh....its so nice to get those long naps when you can. What a sweet hubby you have to help with dinner and make sure your feet are warm.