Well, is anyone else ready for spring??? Silly question right? It has been really beautiful, and since Ethan has dropped the 3rd nap, we have had some time to actually go and do things. Just as we were starting to really enjoy our play time outside in the yard, bam... 6 inches of snow later... and Ethan is crying at the door wanting to play outside and we are stuck indoors. But now its nice again, there are even stars out tonight, just might have to go out and do a little stargazing in the 50 something degree weather...
As I mentioned, the 3rd nap is a gonner... which I am actually happy about in a way. We now have a few hours to go and run a few errands, enjoy some time outside, playing with new things, its been fun! It seems like every two hours, it was nap time, which doesn't leave a lot of time to accomplish much. Then Saturdays come around and it becomes errand day, when we really want to go do something fun as a family... so I've been able to run errands here and there with little Ethan, and then Saturday can be our fun day with daddy!
Other news this week, my boss wants me to take on a whole heap load of more responsibility... and I'm a little unsure of how exactly that would work! I work from 9-2, Ethan sleeps from 9-10:30 ish, plays in my office for about an hour, he drinks his juice, eats his lunch, I read to him, nurse him, and then he takes another nap till about 2. While he sleeps, I do my work. It works out alright, Ethan loves everyone in the office, plus he gets to hang out with daddy a little here and there when Tys is in the office and not out with clients. I realize that it isn't ideal, but we still are paying on some hospital bills from Tys being so sick last year and then having Ethan, and my little morsel of a paycheck really does help. I don't honestly feel like it hurts Ethan in any way, its probably hardest on me, just balancing my workload/deadlines/task list and most importantly, being a mommy to little Ethan bug. But, for now, its working, and I have a good life, and nothing to complain about. I'm grateful that I at least get to be with my baby boy all day, that my boss is generous enough to let him come with me. I'm realistic that this situation won't work with 2, but we're not there yet, so I'll worry about it when it comes.
Oh, thank you all for the well wishes, I think we are just getting over the past cold, and hoping to stay healthy here for awhile! Here's to hoping that spring gets here fast, and just lamb mode would suit me great ;)
Sunday, March 7, 2010
In Like a Lamb, Lion, Lamb... ???
Posted by Danielle Hacking at 7:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Oh wow!! You guys are busy, busy!! I am glad you guys are feeling better.
Sorry to hear about the work situation, but happy it's still good income to help with the bills. They seem never-ending at times, don't they? (At least they do for me in trying to pay of the remaining $35,000 law school tuition. . it seems like we'll NEVER get it paid off. . . in time. )
Post a Comment