I love all holidays, including President's Day. I love to celebrate anything, plus, I love getting a day off work to spend with my family. My sister came out this weekend with her sweet little boy. We spent Saturday going shopping (there were awesome deals for Presdident's Day), eating lunch at Cafe Rio, more shopping, and then my sweetie barbecued steaks for us for dinner. Sunday, we rested, went to church, played games and had an awesome dinner together. Monday, President's Day, we went and did a little more shopping before my sister had to head back to Vernal. Her little boy, Rooks, was such a cutie. He has the cutest little grin, I just love him to death. I was so sad they had to leave.

After Nikki and Rooks left, Tyson and I decided to go on a date. We took a loaf of bread down to Sugarhouse Park and fed the ducks and geese. It was such a beautiful day, there were kids sledding, and tons of people out walking and running. It makes me so excited for spring!
After feeding the birds, we went bowling. I got 115 on the first round, beating Tys, and then the second round he got a 148, and I didn't even break 100. We had the best time at this little rink a dink bowling place by our house. We had never been bowling just the two of us, we had so much fun just hanging out, not having to be somewhere right away.
I am grateful for Presidents that have led, and do lead this great country of America. I am proud to be an American. I am grateful that we get to celebrate America's Presidents, and the great men that they were and are. Tyson and I are very blessed and feel gratfeul to our Heavenly Father to live in America and enjoy the freedoms that we have. We have gratitude in our hearts every day for God's great creations and for his love that we feel in our lives.




4 comments:
Dani- I'm freaking out about the shark picture. Erik said that it has to be Tyson - but I just can't believe it! Please fill me in on this! Is he crazy!? :)
That sounds like so much fun. Sometimes the simplest things are worth the most. Next time you are in town, give me a call-remember I am right around the corner from your mom.
I am glad you had so much fun! Visits from family are the best!
I am so glad that you found me,too! I am adding you to my fav's and we can keep up that way. We were going to build across the street from your in-laws an we were so excited but due to Mitch's Mom having cancer we don't want the extra stress and are just buying a house. Will you please tell Bonnie hello for me next time you talk to/email her? She has always been great to me. Take care, Ivy M
Post a Comment