Tuesday, February 12, 2008

TO MY VALENTINE



How did you meet your Valentine?


Tyson is my sweetie and my forever Valentine!


1. Where did you meet? The first time I saw him, he was riding down the street in front of Andrea's old house on a dirt bike, I was probably 14. We grew up in the same small town, and knew each other in high school.


2. What was the first thought that went through your head when you met? Well, when I saw him riding his dirt bike, I asked Andrea who that was, and she said, "Tyson, our families are really good friends." I went home and wrote in my journal that I was going to marry Tyson someday.


3. Do you remember what she/he was wearing? I remember a big black helmet.


4. Where was the first time you kissed this person? We were watching the movie "Radio" with my mom at my parents house, and she went downstairs to make popcorn, and he kissed me.


5. How did he/she ask you out? Tyson is really good at inviting a bunch of people to get together, so he just started calling me and inviting me to hang out. At one of the get togethers, he walked me to my car, and we have been with each other every day since.


6. Where did you go for your first date? Our official first date was when he came over to my parents house and we played pool, then went to FHE at our single's ward, and then watched a movie at our friend's house. He covered my eyes at the gory parts (we were watching Braveheart), and then held my hand the rest of the movie.


7.How long did you know this person before you became a couple? Probably 6 or 7 years.


8. Has this person ever proposed to you? Yes, we fell for each other pretty quickly, so quickly, that it kind of scared both of us. On Feb. 28, 2004, we were sitting in my parent's hot tub, and he told me he wanted to marry me. He went home, and the next day, Feb 29 (leap year day) we had planned a big camping trip with a bunch of friends. It had snowed/rained all day, it was February! But we all still went camping. We have a really great spot, its next to these huge white cliffs that reflect the sunlight all day, so there was no snow at our camping spot, and it was pretty warm. Tyson and I went for a hike, it was about ten at night, and at this really high point, he got down on his knee and said, "Last night I told you I want to marry you, tonight, I'd like to ask you to marry me." It was very romantic, something I'll never forget. Since it was a leap year day, we get to celebrate the "first" anniversary since we got engaged this year, and you guessed it, we are going camping, but in Moab, where its a little warmer.


9. Do you and this person have kids together? Not yet, but we are hoping to.


10. Have you ever broken the law with this person? Um... yes.


11. When was the first time you realized that you liked this person? After he got home from his mission, and I returned to Vernal from spending 2 1/2 years in Salt Lake going to school, I saw him at the Singles Ward. When our eyes met, I knew there was something.


13. Do you trust this person? He is my world, yes.


14. Do you see your partner in your future? Yes, in eternity.


15. Whats the most expensive thing this person has given you? My wedding ring and a piano, for our first anniversary.


16. What is one thing he/she does that gets on your nerves? I can't complain about one thing, he treats me like a queen every single day.


17. What is the thing you do that gets on his/her nerves? I am not patient enough sometimes.


18. Where do you see each other in 15 years from now? Hopefully with kids, living and loving life together.


19.Will this person repost this? No, we share a blog page.


I would love to hear about how you met your Love, so anyone feel free to post.
Tyson emailed me one day with this picture, asking me if I would still love him if he looked like this... He has way to much fun with photoshop, and yes, I will always love you sweetie!

4 comments:

Liberti said...

I love it Dani! So fun to brag about your sweetie, huh?! And the photoshop pic...LOL!!

The McClellan Clan said...

okay that picture is reallly funny!! YOu guys sound so cute, and I can totally picture tyson being so romantic. He just seemed like someone who once he truly found that person. He would be stuck forever!!! Yeah for you!!!!!! So sweet!!

Emily said...

Hey- I am so glad you found my blog! I showed your pic of Tyson to the crew at Basin App. and they all laughed! Dad had to look twice and ask us what happend to him? I envy all of our traveling! Enjoy it for me!

Liberti said...

Dani - no worries about not making it here, I realized that I never got back to you about yesterday - sorry. We might not be around this weekend, but if we are I'll let you know - you are welcome to come down, we love to play games :)