Monday, April 28, 2008

COUPLE PICTURES








Everything is going great. Tyson said that I have culture shock. Everything, I mean EVERYTHING, is different here. From light switches, drinking cups, showering towels, the food, the stores, everything is different. Tyson had me practice with chop sticks before we came over, which I am grateful for. There are no forks!
We are staying with the Chen family right now, and they have fed us and taken us to do many things. They are very kind and gracious to us. Tyson said they like to show people a good time, they haven't let us pay for anything. Thats the Chen family in the top picture. Yesterday they took us to the Chung Tai Buddist Temple. It was amazing. We also went to a beautiful lake, a place more beautiful than my dreams could imagine, and then to their home in the mountains. It is so beautiful here, it reminds us a lot of the Hawaiian island of Kuai.
Today we are going shopping! I can't wait! Just a little info on the pictures posted, the top one is at the Cheng Tai Buddist Temple, its 50 + stories tall packed with statues, the second is us up in the mountains yesterday by the Cheng family's second home, the third picture is us on a scooter that the Zhang family let us ride to go to lunch on Sunday, and the forth one is us at our hotel Sunday morning at breakfast.
To my dearest family, we are buying another calling card today, and will try to find another pay phone, there are hardly any because everyone has cell phones. Hope you are all well, don't worry about us, we are in great hands! We love and miss you all!


7 comments:

Liberti said...

Looks like you are doing well and having a wonderful time! What an experience!

Kandice said...

That looks SO beautiful and So fun and wonderful. What a memory for you two. I saw there was a train crash or something in China that killed 60+ people and I thought of you, I was so worried, but it looks like you are doing great!

Amanda said...

This is so cool!!! LOVE the pictures! Caitlin and I watched MULAN today in honor of you and Tyson cruzen' China! You guys really look like you are having a great time!

Miss you, I've skipped step twice now... i'm no good without my buddy! (well, i was sick monday... and today i was just plain lazy!)
haha.

Shalisa Hazleton said...

Yea it looks like you are having a great time! BTW I haven't seen your hair down for a while! It sure looks cute! Glad you are enjoying yourself. Just get home safe!

The McClellan Clan said...

Wow, I have missed alot since we went to costa rica. You guys have been busy. So ????? Is the car still running or did you retire it????
So anyways wow, you guys are so amazing. I can't even use chop sticks and I have tried so many times. they would think I was nasty cause I'd have to start using my hands!! I'm glad your safe and having fun. Keep us posted.
Joce

Brian, Nikki, and Nevie said...

Dani, it looks like you are having such a great time. What a fun experience! I would be in culture shock, too, though. I'm glad you guys are doing well...I love seeing pictures of all the cool things you get to do.

When you get home, we need to get together again!

The Natalie Page said...

You look amazing in this pic. dani pani